Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Baby Potatoes
peeled and thinly sliced
SuperValu Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan that is about 23cm to 25cm in diameter. Add the onion and chorizo and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion has softened and coloured.
- Dry the potatoes with a clean kitchen towel and add them to the pan, tossing to combine. Season generously and reduce the heat, then cover the pan with a lid or plate. Cook gently for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and lightly golden. Turn them over once or twice and shake the pan occasionally to ensure they are cooked evenly.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and add a good pinch of seasoning, then whisk lightly with a fork. When the onion and potato mixture is cooked, drain off any excess oil and quickly stir in the beaten eggs, pressing it down gently.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until there is virtually no raw egg left on top of the frittata. Push down the sides with a spatula for a curved edge. Carefully invert onto a flat plate and slide the frittata back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, until just cooked through but still very moist in the centre.
- Serve warm or cold. Turn the frittata onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Place a wedge on each serving plate along with some salad leaves.