Operation Transformation Recipe
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
120 ml Beef Stock
0 - Black Pepper
4 - Carrots
200 g Chopped Tomatoes
1 clove Garlic
1 - Onion
1.5 tsp Paprika
3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
600 g Roast Beef
0 - Salt
0.5 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
500 g SuperValu Potatoes
peeled and chopped
1 pinch SuperValu Saffron
1 small SuperValu Swede
- Preheat oven to 140C.
- In a large casserole dish, place 1 ½ teaspoon of oil over medium - high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place meat into pot/casserole dish and sear on the top and bottom until both are nicely browned. This may take about 4 mins per side.
- Remove the meat and place on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pot and reduce heat to medium. Add onions, carrots, turnip, garlic, paprika, thyme and cook until vegetables become tender.
- Now add in the tomatoes, stock, and vinegar. Optional: add in saffron.
- Return the meat to the pan. The vegetables should come about halfway up the sides of the meat.
- Cover the dish and place in the oven and roast for 3 hours.
- Add the potatoes and return to the oven for a further 45mins - hour until meat is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Slice the meat and serve with potatoes, vegetables and sauce.