Feel free to substitute smoked Coley or cod if preferred, try to use naturally dyed fish if possible.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
1 tbsp English Mustard
400 g Gluten Free Penne Pasta
2 - Haddock Fillets
skinned & diced
400 ml Milk
1 tbsp SuperValu Butter
1 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
125 ml SuperValu Feta Cheese
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
4 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 medium SuperValu Onion
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions and keep warm in a baking dish until the sauce is ready.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then sprinkle with the cornflour.
- Pour in the milk and stir ensuring there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken – the sauce at this stage will still be runny.
- Add the smoked haddock and simmer for 3 -4 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, half of the feta cheese, and herbs. Season to taste.
- Fold the fish and sauce into the pasta ensuring it is evenly coated and add the remaining cheese on top.
- Place in a preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve piping hot.