Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 ml Chicken Stock Cube
300 ml Cider
or apple juice
5 - Fennel Seeds
4 cloves Garlic
250 ml Guinness
2 tbsp Honey
1 - Onion
1.5 kg Rack of SuperValu Bacon Ribs
4 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
600 ml SuperValu Tomato Passata
1 drop Tomato Ketchup
- Pour the cider and fennel seeds into a large jug with the chicken stock. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- Place the onion in a roasting tin with the garlic and thyme. Put the rack of ribs on top of the vegetables in the roasting tray and add the cider and chicken stock.
- Pour over the passata and cover with foil, then braise for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until the ribs are tender.
- When the bacon ribs are cooked, glaze with the honey, return to the oven for a few minutes until caramelized.
- Serve on a plate decorated with ketchup for blood effect!