If you love monkfish and mussels then you're going to adore this tasty broth.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Chorizo Sausages
cut into slices 1cm thick
0 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
150 g SuperValu Butter
50 ml SuperValu Cream
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Lemon Juice
2 g SuperValu Monkfish Tails
300 g SuperValu Mussels
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
150 ml White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ gas mark 5.
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over a high heat. Add the olive oil, then carefully add the monkfish, chorizo and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, then add 50g of butter to the pan. Transfer the pan to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat another pan until it’s smoking hot. Add the mussels and pour in the white wine. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mussels are open. Discard any unopened mussels. Use a slotted spoon to remove the mussels from the liquid and reserve 100ml of the mussel stock.
- Remove the monkfish from the oven and place it on a cutting board. Cover with tin foil to keep it warm.
- Add the mussel stock and cream to the pan and simmer over a medium heat. Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter, stirring until fully smooth. Add the mussels back to the sauce and serve with the monkfish and chorizo in shallow bowls.
- Season with salt and pepper and some lemon juice, if desired. Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes.