Serves: 2 people
SuperValu Fresh Basil
/ 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
- Blend the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a pot and bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot and add the diced onion - cook until soft.
- Now add the chopped garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Start adding the hot stock and tomato mixture about a quarter at a time.
- Let the risotto cook, stirring often, adding more stock as it is absorbed.
- Add in the fresh tomatoes and continue to cook. Continue to cook for a further 20 - 25 minutes until the rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in parmesan and basil.
- Serve hot.