These are perfect for freezing, so make a double batch and freeze some for future use. Remove from the freezer, defrost overnight in the fridge and heat through before serving.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For The Filling:
300 g Broccoli
cut into 2cm pieces
250 g Creme Fraiche
4 - Eggs
1 clove Garlic
1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 - Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
drained and finely chopped
For The Pastry:
1 handfull Lentils
or dried beans or rise, for blind baking
175 g Plain Flour
plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp SuperValu Oil
75 g Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp Water
- To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large bowl and rub in the butter until you have a soft texture. Pour in 1 tablespoon of cold water and mix until you have a firm dough, adding another tablespoon of water if needed to bring it together. Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ gas mark 5. Oil four holes of a cupcake tin and dust with flour, then tap out the excess.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface. Stamp out four circles and line the four prepared holes of the cupcake tin with the pastry. Place a small square of greaseproof paper in each one and fill with dried beans. If you don’t have dried beans, dried rice or lentils also work well.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the beans and bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- To make the filling, blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan set over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Season with a little black pepper.
- Put the crème fraîche and eggs in a large bowl and beat until smooth, then add the broccoli and garlic and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry cases and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until set and golden on top.