Serves: 4 people
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Ground Allspice
40 g Maldon Sea Salt
350 g SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Flakes
350 ml SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
350 ml Water
boiled then cooled
- Soak the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl filled with lightly salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sterilise three 450ml jars and their lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain the sprouts well, then cut in half. Break up about one-third of the sprouts into leaves, then divide the Brussels sprouts evenly between the three jars.
- Bring the vinegar, water and Maldon salt to a boil in a large pot over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the salt is dissolved. Add the sliced garlic and spices and stir.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jars, filling the jars to within 1cm of the top. Screw on the lids and leave for two days before eating.