A lovely lunchtime treat, no milk in this recipe means its dairy free too!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Fresh Egg
250 g Plain Flour
100 g Rice Vinegar
100 ml Soy Sauce
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
100 g Tiger Prawns
keep 8 prawns aside for garnish
200 ml Water
- Combine the Soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small serving bowl and set aside whilst you prepare the pancakes.
- Place 2 prawns onto 4 small skewers and keep aside. Chop the remaining prawns roughly.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, water and eggs to create a smooth batter. Add the chopped prawns and spring onion, and stir to fully incorporate into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and spread 2 ladlefuls of the batter over the pan. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until golden and bubble are rising to the surface. Flip the pancake and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pancake onto a serving plate and slice.
- Pan fry the prawns for 1 minutes and serve with the pancake and dipping sauce. Serve immediately.