Adult Tip: Give these a boozy kick by adding a small splash of Cointreau, Tia Maria or Frangelico to the mixture while blending. They'll make a nice homemade Christmas gift.
Serves: 8 people
100 g Dark Chocolate
minimum 70% cocoa solids, roughly chopped
1 tsp Desiccated Coconut
3 - Dried Apricots
1 tsp Dried Cranberries
8 parts Ribbon
or string, 8cm pieces
3 - SuperValu Goodness Pecan Nuts
1 tsp SuperValu Goodness Pistachio Nuts
- Line two trays with non-stick baking paper. Loop the ribbon pieces so the cut ends meet and lay them spaced apart on one of the trays.
- Melt 75g of the chocolate in a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water or in 30-second blasts in the microwave, stirring regularly. Place spoonfuls of the melted chocolate over the cut ends of each ribbon loop so as to completely cover. Pop into the fridge for 30 minutes, until set firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 25g of chocolate in the same way and leave to cool slightly. Toss the dried fruit and nuts in a small bowl with the coconut.
- Drizzle a little of the melted chocolate from the tip of a teaspoon back and forth over a set chocolate disc. Immediately sprinkle over a little of the fruit and nut mixture to stick. Pick the chocolate drop up by the ribbon and transfer to the second tray. That way the drizzles that went off the edges of the drops won’t stick. Repeat until all the drops are complete.
- Return to the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes, until set, before displaying. These will keep between pieces of parchment paper in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.