Day old bread works best here. This salad is bursting with flavour and makes for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4 people
125 g Cherry Tomatoes
3 cloves Garlic
1 - Lemon
zest and juice
5 tbsp Olive Oil
2 - Red Onion
5 slices Sourdough Bread
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
3 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
80 g SuperValu Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
1 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
1 - SuperValu Quality Irish Lamb Loin Chops
- Combine the herbs, lemon zest and juice and 2 tablespoons of oil in a glass bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the barbecue to medium.
- Place the bread on a plate, rub with some garlic and drizzle some olive oil.
- Place on the barbecue for 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Remove from the heat and cut into thick slices.
- Place the lamb on the barbecue and grill for 3 - 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and caramelised. Season well while grilling. Remove from the heat, cover with a tent of foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finish the salad. In a bowl, combine the salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and red onion. Season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently then add the breads croutons and check the seasoning.
- Serve immediately with the lamb thinly sliced.