Delicious Bacon ribs topped off with homemade potato crisps!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Bay Leaves
2 tbsp Kitty O’Byrne Sauce
2 large Rack of SuperValu Bacon Ribs
1 - SuperValu Carrot
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 tbsp Water
0 - Irish BioSalt
2 large Maris Piper Potatoes
thinly sliced (approx 2mm), rinsed under cold running water and stored in water
2 litre SuperValu Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Vinegar
2 litre Water
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/350⁰F/Gas Mark 4
- Half fill a deep baking tray with water, then add the onion, carrot, herbs and seasoning. Lay the racks of bacon on a wire rack and place in the baking tray and cover with foil. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove the foil and pat the racks dry with some kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile warm the sauce in a small saucepan and add the water.
- Brush the glaze onto the racks of bacon, you could add some chilli flakes too if you like a spicy kick to your ribs.
- Finish on the barbecue to get an enhanced flavour, continuously basting with the Kitty O’Byrne sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Drain potatoes. Bring to boil the water with the vinegar, over high heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes maximum. Immediately drain in a colander and spread on paper towel. Allow to dry for a few minutes, moving potatoes around to get even drying.
- Meanwhile, preheat a deep fat fryer to 160˚C. Add 1/3 of potato slices and cook, stirring and flipping constantly with a slotted spoon until potatoes release no more bubbles, about 4 - 5 minutes total. Transfer chips to a large bowl lined with kitchen paper, sprinkle with Irish BioSalt and toss to coat.
- Repeat the remaining batches of crisps and serve immediately - enjoy hot!