Operation Transformation Recipe - Quick and super easy to make, these healthy homemade fish cakes beat any shop-bought alternative.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 stick Celery
1 - Fresh Egg
20 ml Low Fat Milk
0.5 - Onion
3 tsp Rapeseed Oil
60 g SuperValu Butternut Squash
50 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Dill
200 g SuperValu Potatoes
peeled and chopped
2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
250 g White Fish
Mixed with Salmon, Smoked Fish, etc.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Put a pot of cold water on a medium – high heat. Add the potatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender.
- To the cooked drained potatoes, add milk and mash. Set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Remove and place in bowl.
- Steam the squash and celery for ten minutes or until soft.
- Using a hand blender, blend the squash, celery and onion until pureed smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan.
- Now add the fish and gently stir until it is cooked through. Try to keep the fish in chunks.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, dill and squash puree.
- Now mix in the fish.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Coat baking tray in 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil and put the fish cakes on the tray.
- Divide fish cake mixture into 4 circular shapes about 1” thick.
- Dip fish cake in egg and then into breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl make the side salad by mixing the baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, black eyed beans and sweetcorn.
- Serve with side salad and sweet chilli sauce.