Serves: 8 people
to place on top of each duchess
- Place potato in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil over high heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pan.
- Over high heat, shaking the pan, cook for 1 minute or until the moisture has evaporated.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potato until smooth.
- Use the back of a spoon to press the potato through a fine sieve into a bowl. (Alternatively, use a Moulin)
- Stir in the butter and egg yolks.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the potato mixture in a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain/fluted nozzle.
- Pipe 8 rosettes onto the prepared trays.
- Place a slice of fresh butter on top of each rosette.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place on a serving platter.