This is lovely if you are looking for something different to the traditional meat and vegetable option. It is really quick to prepare which is great for those busy days!
Serves: 2 people
SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
from the Butcher Counter – diced
From the Store Cupboard
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Begin by bringing a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the pasta and continue to boil rapidly until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Strain the pasta into a large colander and run under cold water until completely cold.
- Meanwhile heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and add in the diced chicken and cook gently until the chicken is sealed all over.
- Next add in the garlic and continue to cook for a minute or two.
- Then add the onions & mushrooms and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened. Add the white wine (if using) at this stage and allow it to bubble up.
- Season lightly, add in the cream and allow the mixture to come to the boil. Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes, ensuring the chicken is fully cooked. Then add in the pasta and mix well until combined.
- Serve immediately with some garlic bread.
You can vary this recipe a little as well by substituting the chicken for fish or pork, or by adding some chorizo or smoked bacon.