This is a great dinner party option.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Caster Sugar
200 g Dried Cranberries
50 g Mascarpone Cheese
100 ml Port
250 g SuperValu Brie
50 g SuperValu Goodness Walnuts
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the port, sugar and 150g/5½oz of cranberries into a pan and cook over a low heat for approximately five minutes until the cranberries start to burst and the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- In the meantime, mix together the mascarpone and cranberries in a glass bowl.
- Slice the brie in half through the centre, creating two rounds or flat wedges.
- Place the two brie halves on a tray and spread half the Mascarpone and cranberry mixture on top of each.
- Drizzle with the cranberry and port sauce and scatter over the walnut crumb.
- Place in a preheated oven for 5–8 minutes until the cheese has softened then serve immediately with some salad greens.