A beautiful combination of sweet ClemenGolds with red wine and spices. Add slices of fresh ClemenGold with lots of ice and mint as the perfect, refreshing drink for a warm, summer’s evening.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Cardamom Pods
2 - Cinnamon Stick
4 - Cloves
250 ml Port
500 ml Red Wine
3 tbsp SuperValu Brown Sugar
0 - SuperValu Fresh Mint
2 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Classic Espresso Capsule
used for thick strips of rind (peeled with a vegetable peeler)
500 ml SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to just below boiling point and allow to simmer gently for 8-10 minutes. Take care not to boil too rapidly as it may become bitter.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve with lots of ice, mint and extra slices of ClemenGold.
1. The mixture can be made in advance, as the flavour from the spices will develop and become more prominent.
2. In winter, serve this like a glühwein. Simmer as above, but serve hot in glasses with extra slices of ClemenGold.
3. If preferred, dilute the sangria by adding 500 ml (2 cups) soda water or ginger ale. Add vodka, gin or rum to taste, if preferred.
4. Add a couple of slices of fresh ginger to the wine mixture and simmer as above.