These are fun to make, so get the children involved and decorate with icing and your favourite sweets.
Serves: 30 people
0 tsp Baking Powder
1 - Fresh Egg
0 tsp Ground Cinnamon
300 g Plain Flour
200 g SuperValu Butter
100 ml SuperValu Honey
100 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the icing sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the honey as you are beating the mixture, and beat until pale and creamy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a separate bowl and add the egg yolk.
- Stir in the butter mixture to create a dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough on a lightly-floured surface until it is 5mm in thickness and cut the shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place them on the parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 12–14 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Lightly beat the egg whites, and gradually add the icing sugar until a smooth paste has formed.
- Ice the biscuits with the icing paste either by spreading it onto the biscuits with a spoon or by using a small piping bag.
- Decorate with sweets of your choice.