This is one of the children’s favourites, for obvious reasons!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 tsp Baking Powder
50 g Caster Sugar
1 - Fresh Egg
200 ml Milk
400 g Nutella
300 g Plain Flour
1 pinch Salt
0 - SuperValu Strawberries
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Firstly cut 1 sheet of parchment paper into 6 x10cm squares.
- Spoon 1 – 2 tablespoons of nutella onto the centre of each piece of paper and spread into a 6 cm disc. Place onto a tray and freeze for at least one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the pancake batter. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and create a well in the centre. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla and pour into the flour mixture, stir to incorporate.
- Brush a little oil onto a pan over a medium heat. Add a ladleful of batter and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until bubbles form on the top and the underside is golden. Flip and cook then add a layer of strawberries and a chocolate disc. Ladle some more batter onto the pancake, and cook for a further minute then flip and cook again. Once the base is golden, remove from the pan. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve hot with some freshly whipped cream if desired.