A delicious, fresh-tasting chinese style lemon chicken dish which is also Gluten free
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp SuperValu Cornflour
600 g SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
0 - SuperValu Fresh Coriander
chopped, to garnish
3 - SuperValu Fresh Ginger
peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Goodness Sesame Seeds
toasted to garnish
1 large SuperValu Onion
320 g SuperValu Rice
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Place the cornflour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly.
- To make the sauce, pour the chicken stock, lemon juice, honey, vinegar and cornflour into a bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions and keep warm.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the sunflower oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the coated chicken and stir-fry in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Keep the wok on a high heat and add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes, until golden. Pour in the lemon sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Return the chicken to the wok. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the chicken is heated through and coated with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the fluffy rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.