Guaranteed to be a favourite with everyone in the house!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
200 ml Chicken Stock Cube
200 g Cream Cheese
12 - SuperValu Asparagus
trimmed and peeled
4 large SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
30 g SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 - SuperValu Shallots
8 - SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
1 glass White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes, remove immediately from the water, then place in a hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil to crisp.
- Remove the asparagus from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes until slightly softened, season with salt and pepper and place in a bowl to cool.
- In the bowl with the shallots, add the cream cheese, balsamic vinegar and parmesan, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breast on a clean work surface. With a long sharp knife, cut along the long side of the chicken in a butterfly style.
- Slice through the breast until almost at the edge, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open the fillet and flatten, then place the asparagus and cream cheese filling in the centre.
- Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Fold back the fillets, encasing the asparagus and cream cheese.
- Lay the streaky bacon lengthways on a flat sheet of paper then lay a chicken fillet across the bacon.
- Wrap in the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle a little oil on a pan over a moderate heat and add the bacon wrapped fillets.
- Cook on both sides until well browned approximate 3 minutes each side.
- Roast in a preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and set aside on a warm plate and cover with aluminium foil.
- Place the pan back onto the heat, add the white wine and chicken stock and thyme.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3–5 minutes until thickened.
- Slice the chicken diagonally in half and serve with a spoonful of the pan juices.
Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.