This is a very simple recipe for a very indulgent and extravagant dish.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 16 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 - Bay Leaves
80 ml Brandy 350ml
450 g Chicken Livers
50 g Poppy Seeds
50 g Sesame Seeds
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 dstspn SuperValu Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
110 g Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
- Heat the butter with the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic until the onions have softened.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan with the bay leaves.
- Increase the heat and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the liver is nicely browned on the outside but still pink and soft in the centre.
- Add the brandy and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Move the mixture to a food processor and puree.
- Gradually add in the softened butter.
- Season to taste.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop of small rounds of parfait.
- Roll immediately in sesame or poppy seeds then place on a parchment lined tray and refrigerate until required.
- Serve on either cocktail sticks or wooden skewers.
- For any unused parfait, cover with a small layer of clarified butter (approx 110g/4 oz).
- Use as required.