This is my version of the classic Italian chicken and tomato stew.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
400 g SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
1 large SuperValu Onion
300 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
200 g SuperValu Rice
Cooked according to the packet instructions
1 tsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
- Cut each chicken fillet into three or four pieces, ensuring that the chunks are nice and large.
- Heat a large pan with the oil, add in the chicken and brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in the sliced onion and garlic and continue to cook the mixture for a further 4-5 minutes until the onions are browning also. Then add in the tomato puree and dried mixed herbs and use this to coat the chicken and onion mixture.
- Add in the vinegar and allow the vinegar to reduce off before adding the tinned tomatoes, sugar and chicken stock.
- Allow the mixture to come to the boil , cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for a further 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some freshly boiled rice or crusty bread.
Add in some crushed chilli flakes for an added kick or scatter in a few black olives for that Mediterranean feel.