This is a delicious option and of course the advantage of this is that you have one for now and one for the freezer.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
720 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
From the Store Cupboard
600 ml Chicken Stock Cube
225 ml Milk
25 g Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
350 g SuperValu Rice
SuperValu Soup Mix Ingredients pack
2 - Carrots
peeled and cubed
2 stick Celery
1 small Leek
washed and sliced
2 - SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 large SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Parsley
chopped to garnish
- Heat a large saucepan with the oil and butter, add the chicken and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until coated all over.
- Season lightly at this stage with some salt and pepper and then add in the carrots, celery, leeks, garlic and onion and continue to cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the plain flour at this stage, which will cause the mixture to look quite unpleasant – don’t panic!
- Add in the milk and the chicken stock along with the thyme sprigs and stir continuously until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Next add in the wholegrain mustard, place a lid on the saucepan, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes until both the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir occasionally during the cooking process to prevent the mixture from sticking at the bottom.
- Garnish, just before serving, with some freshly chopped parsley.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and serve immediately.
Top tip for leftovers
As this is a large recipe, any remaining casserole can be stored in the freezer for a later date.