This is a great way to get some nutritious vegetables into your child’s meal and they’ll love to help make them too.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Baking Powder
60 g Butter
1 tsp Caster Sugar
1 - Egg
1 tbsp Milk
50 g Mozzarella Cheese Balls
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
300 g Self-Raising Flour
wholemeal, plus extra for dusting
250 g SuperValu Butternut Squash
peeled and cubed
1 tbsp SuperValu Goodness Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Put your butternut squash in a steamer and cook for 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from the steamer and mash until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until you get fine crumbs. Stir in the mashed butternut squash and the mozzarella. Add the beaten egg and knead to form a soft dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead again just to bring the dough together. Pat it down into a circle about 2.5cm thick and stamp out eight scones using a scone cutter.
- Put the scones on the greased baking sheet and brush with a little milk. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and gently press some pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.