A delicious Brussels Sprout accompaniment to Christmas Dinner.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
500 ml Milk
20 g Plain Flour
500 g SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
trimmed and halved
30 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Mature White Cheddar Block
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain and transfer to a greased gratin dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook for about 2 minutes, until a light golden colour. Pour in the milk and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the Brussels sprouts and season. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Serve immediately.