The tapenade is a very simple paste to make and is delicious to have on hand to add a sense of the Mediterranean to your life. This paste can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days, but store in a sterilised jar in the fridge.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 g Black Olive Tapenade
10 - Black Olives
0 - Black Pepper
1 packets Filo Pastry
450 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°C/gas mark 4.
- Roll out some of the puff pastry and cut out large discs with a biscuit cutter
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tray or small ramequin and secure a disc of puff pastry in each cup/ramequin.
- Fill the cup with baking peas, and blind bake for 10-15 minutes. (this will partially bake the pastry and hold it in desired shape).
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until a suitable smooth consistency is achieved.
- If you would like to alter the consistency you can add a little extra olive oil to the pureé.
- Spoon in each a teaspoonful of tapenade, top with some goats cheese and half a black olive.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes approximately until the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the tin with a palette knife immediately.
- Grind some fresh black pepper corns and sprinkle over each tartlet.
- Serve immediately.