A lovely beef dish - perfect for a romantic night in!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 sticks Celery
3 cloves Garlic
250 g Mushrooms
450 ml Red Wine
1 tin SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
3 tbsp SuperValu Cornflour
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 - SuperValu Leek
1 medium SuperValu Onion
2 lb SuperValu Quality Irish Diced Beef
trimmed and cubed
0 - SuperValu Salt
150 g Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
cut into cubes
- Place the steak, garlic, onion, celery, herbs and wine into a large glass bowl and cover, place in the fridge preferably overnight but at least for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the marinated beef and vegetables into an ovenproof dish and pour over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cover, place in a preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan and add the leek, bacon and mushrooms, cook for 4 – 5 minutes until the bacon is crisp. Remove the casserole from the oven and add the vegetables. Add some water to the cornflour to form a paste then pour into the casserole, stir to combine. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes until thickened.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a large saucepan and barely cover with water, cook for 25 minutes until very tender but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan over a low heat. Using a potato masher roughly mash the potatoes Squeeze the pulp from a few of the garlic casings, depending on personal taste, and add to the potatoes.
- Add butter and cream to the potatoes, beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.