- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
By David Gillick
Turkey is great value and very nutritious. The seasonings in this recipe ensure the turkey is full of flavour.
Preparation time: 15 minutes•
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on an unlined baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add the paprika, tossing well so that all the wedges are coated with the oil and seasoning. Cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the edges are brown and crisp.
3. In a large bowl, combine the minced turkey, diced onion, beaten egg, chopped seeds, Worcestershire sauce and chilli paste. Mix really well – you may need to get your hands in. Once combined, make into four equal-sized patties.
4. Place the burgers on the lined baking tray and cook in the oven alongside the sweet potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes, until cooked through. Alternatively, you can pan-fry the burgers.
5. Serve the burgers with the sweet potato wedges. If you crave the full burger experience, you can serve them in a bread bun. I generally add thinly sliced beetroot and sliced tomatoes in a lettuce leaf ‘bun’.
High in zinc
Believe it or not, some turkey mince is higher in calories and fat than beef mince, so use beef instead for a lighter option.