- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
Beef and stout is a wonderful combination, this dish will surely bring a smile to your face.
Serves: 4 people
1. Chop up the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Heat the tablespoon of oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan, then lightly sauté the onion and garlic.
2. Add the diced beef, thyme, oregano and salt&pepper to the pot, allow the beef to brown. This usually takes about 5 minutes or so.
3. Next, add the carrots and celery, let them cook up amongst everything for about 3 minutes.
4. Now it's time to add the pasata/purée, the worcestershire sauce, the two bay leaves, the can of stout and the cup of water.
5. Bring everything to the boil for a couple of minutes, then let it simmer away on the hob on a low heat, for about two hours. You want the meat to be tender and flavour infused.