Well worth all the effort to try this dish. Taste's even better the next day.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 mls Beef Stock
2 - Celery
500 mls Guinness
30 g Plain Flour
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
2 - SuperValu Carrot
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
400 g SuperValu Quality Irish Diced Beef
- Heat the oil in a large pot and brown the meat in two batches, be careful not to overcrowd the pan. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add another drop of oil if you need it and then fry off the onion, carrots and celery. Add the meat back into the pot along with the garlic.
- Pour in the stock, Guinness, and season to taste.
- Simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours until the liquid has reduced.
- If the sauce isn’t thick enough strain the juices into a bowl and then transfer to a small sauce pan. Mix a little of the sauce with the flour over heat until you have a smooth paste, then whisk through the rest of the liquid.
- Simmer gently until you have a thickened sauce, then tip back over the meat. Serve with mashed potatoes or crusty bread.