There are several ways to make this sauce but the following I the way I find works best. Just be careful not to add too much heat to the bowl as the eggs can have a tendency to scramble.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Fresh Egg
100 g SuperValu Butter
1 small SuperValu Shallots
very finely diced
1 tsp SuperValu Tarragon
3 tbsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
3 tbsp White Wine
- In a saucepan, infuse the chopped shallot with the white wine, the white wine vinegar and bring to the boil for 2 minutes. remove from the heat and pass through a sieve.
- Prepare a pot of water simmering on the cooker.
- Whisk the egg yolks and 3 tbsp of the vinegar reduction in a bowl and place on the saucepan of lightly simmering water. Whisk continuously until the colour lightens and the mixture thickens-it should take about 5 minutes.
- You need to keep whisking the mixture and taking it on and off the heat as required so as to prevent scrambling. Remove from the heat and whisk in the clarified butter.
- At this stage slowly add in the clarified butter- at all times whisking continuously. Taste the sauce, correct the seasoning and add in some freshly chopped tarragon to taste. Serve immediately.