This dish is a delicious evening meal served with a black pepper and mushroom sauce and parmesan baby potatoes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. Place the baby potatoes and garlic cloves in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt, then cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked through and easy to crush. Drain and transfer the potatoes and garlic to a baking tray. Scatter over the parmesan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden. Keep warm, uncovered.
3. Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based pan or griddle pan over a medium heat. Rub the remaining tablespoon of oil on the T-bone pork chops and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the chops are. Remove the chops and set aside, loosely covered with a tent of foil to keep
4. Add the shallots, thyme and crushed black pepper to the same pan, still set over a medium heat and without removing the leftover fat, and cook for 30 seconds, until softened. Add the mushrooms and sauté over a medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes, until coloured. Sprinkle the cornflour over the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute more. Slowly stir in the white wine and let it bubble up for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken stock. Simmer for 1 minute and check the seasoning. Remove from the heat and swirl through the crème fraîche and parsley.
5. Serve the T-bone pork chops with the parmesan potatoes and spoon over the black pepper and mushroom sauce.