Kevin's Spring Onion, Mushroom and Ham Pie is the ultimate comfort food.
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. In a pan, over high heat, sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic with some olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine the ricotta, crème fraiche with two beaten eggs. Season with salt, pepper. Add the spring onions, chives and cooked leftover ham and the cooked mushrooms mixture. Stir to combine (ensure there is not too much liquid in the mixture).
4. Grease the surface and edges of a 8 inch springform tin and line with parchement paper.
5. Cut 2 discs (one for the base and one slightly larger for the top of the pie) and 3 rectangular shape to fit the side of the tin. Line the base and sides of the tin with the puff pastry.
6. Once the mixture has cooled sufficiently, pour into the prepared tin.
7. Brush the rim of the pastry in the tin with some egg wash and place the second larger disc of pastry onto the surface of the pie. Seal the edges and brush with some extra egg wash. Pierce the pastry a couple of times to allow steam to escape.
8. Transfer to a preheated oven and bake approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
9. Serve immediately or at room temperature.