From chickpeas to lentils, The Happy Pear have their finger on the tasty summer pulse for lunches and midweek dinners.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot on a high heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onion is starting to brown and the garlic is turning golden.
3. Turn the heat down to medium, then add the remaining tablespoon of oil, all the spices and the salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Add the lentils and coconut milk and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach and lime juice. Serve with crusty bread on the side.