You need to try this recipe for your next picnic.
1. Keep in mind that this sandwich needs to sit for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
2. Put on a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, use a large spoon to gently lower the eggs into the water. Turn the heat
off and let the eggs cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the hot water and run cold water over the eggs until the shells are cold to the touch, then peel off the shells. Cut the eggs into thick slices.
2. Cut the cucumber into ribbons lengthways with a peeler. Slice the tomato into thin half moons and season with salt and pepper. Drain the tuna of oil. Slice the olives.
3. Prepare the sandwich by cutting the top third off the loaf to create a lid. Scoop out the centre of the bread, leaving a crust that’s 3cm to 4cm thick. Spread the tapenade inside the loaf, including the bottom of the lid, then line the base of the loaf with cucumber strips. Layer in the olives, tuna, greens, eggs and tomato. Top with the lid and wrap tightly in waxed or parchment paper.
4. Set the wrapped loaf in the fridge. Place a tray with a heavy weight on top to compress the sandwich. This help
the juices to be absorbed a bit into the
bread. Chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Pack the whole wrapped loaf with a bread knife and plenty of napkins. Unwrap and slice into quarters to serve.