Bacon & Shiitake Mushroom Salt
- Preheat oven to 180° C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the bacon onto a baking tray and place in a preheated oven for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pat each piece of bacon with some kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Chop the bacon finely, then lay onto a baking tray and return to the oven for a further 3 – 5 minutes until crisp, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Grind the shiitake mushrooms in a pestle & mortar or in a spice grinder and add the bacon, and salt. Spoon into small kilner jars.
Grind the salt and curry powder together in a pestle & mortar, transfer to small kilner jars and seal.
Grind the salt and rosemary together in a pestle & mortar, transfer to small kilner jars and seal.