This simple delicious Courgette Cupcake recipe takes just 30 minutes to make! Sugar free and perfect for your weaning baby, they are a real treat. This recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family and it’s a great way to have veggies for dessert! Creamy peanut butter adds great texture and flavour to these healthy cakes.
*This recipe makes 6 cupcakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a cupcake tin with cases and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, grate the courgette. Crack in the egg and mix together with a spatula.
3. Stir in the peanut butter and half the pureed raisins.
4. Gently fold the oat flour and add the baking powder. Leave to set for 5 minutes.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from the tin and allow to cool before icing or storing.
6. To prepare the icing, place the yoghurt, remaining raisin puree and peanut butter in a small bowl. Whip until combined and smooth. To thicken, add a spoon of oat flour and set aside.
7. Once cooled slightly, top the buns with the icing and serve.
*Add the raisins to a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes and transfer to a blender (or use a hand blender). Blitz for 30 seconds until a puree forms. Divide in 2.
**Make your own oat flour by simply adding whole oats to a food processor and blend until flour forms.
This recipe is suitable as a finger food from 7 months.
7-9 months - serve sliced with the icing for dipping in a 3oz pot.
9 months+ - serve whole with the icing for dipping in a 4oz pot.