Three basic ingredients simmered together transforms into a golden syrup that is truly versatile. You can stir it into or drizzle over ice cream, glaze pork ribs or chicken with it and even make a thirst quencher with it. This also makes a stunning gift from your kitchen.
1. Use a vegetable peeler to cut the thick strips of ClemenGold rind. This will also ensure you don’t get any white pith on it.
2. When ClemenGolds are in season, make a big batch of this syrup and pour into sterilised jars or bottles. Tie with ribbons and gift tags and use as gifts.
3. The syrup is delicious over cheese, like camembert or brie.
4. Drizzle syrup over sweet potatoes or butternut and roast in the oven until cooked. Add a glug of olive oil or white wine for some extra liquid.
5. Serve the syrup on ice cream or as part of a dessert with fresh ClemenGolds, chopped nuts and a dairy of your choice, such as Greek yoghurt or crème fraiche.