One of our butchers’ favourite parts of their job is talking to customers. Our butchers love to share their expertise and tips. Below is just a flavour of the advice that they can give.
Take a look at their guide on how to cook the perfect steak.
- Take your steak out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking it.
- Heat your pan, griddle or BBQ until smoking hot with a little oil.
- Only turn the steaks when they are seared on each side. Resist the temptation to fiddle with them! You want nice dark searing which won’t happen if you keep moving them.
- Don’t serve them immediately. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes, wrapped in foil so the juices are drawn back into the steak.
- If you have chosen one of our delicious butters, pop the butter on top of the cooked steak and allow to melt.