- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the minced beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sliced spring onions together with the breadcrumbs, grated cheese and the egg and mix well.
- Season the mixture lightly with the Worcestershire sauce (if using), salt & pepper and ground cinnamon.
- Mix well to ensure the flavouring is well distributed throughout.
- Divide the mixture in 8 and mould each piece into a burger shape (you can freeze any excess burgers).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes; this will help to prevent the burgers from falling apart.
- After they have rested sufficiently, heat a large frying pan with a little oil, pan fry the burgers on each side until they are golden brown and then transfer the burgers to a baking tray and continue cooking in the oven for another 10-12 minutes to ensure the burgers are completely cooked through.
- Lightly toast the burger buns and then spread with a little mayonnaise and arrange the burger on top.
- Garnish accordingly with some torn lettuce, sliced red onion and tomato.
- Cut the potatoes into thick strips and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place on a flat baking tray lined with baking parchment and transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy on the outside and softened through to the centre.
To barbecue the burgers brush them with oil and cook them on both sides of the barbecue and then move the burgers to a slightly cooler part of the grill, cover the barbecue with a lid and continue to cook the burgers slowly until cooked through. (Approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the barbecue.)