This mix of winter root veg makes for the perfect side dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 people
*This recipe serves 6 to 8.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Peel the squash and cut it in half, then remove the seeds and chop into bite-sized cubes. Chop the carrots, parsnips and beetroots into bite-sized pieces. Slice the red onions lengthwise into long, thin half moons. Finally, peel the garlic cloves and leave them whole.
3. Put all the prepped veg on one large baking tray or two smaller trays. Add three sprigs of thyme and three sprigs of rosemary along with the oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly so that all the veg get a nice covering of oil.
4. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the veg are crisp on the outside, soft and sweet on the inside and smell divine!
5. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with 2 or 3 more rosemary and thyme sprigs.