These can be made in advance and frozen. Simply defrost them overnight and then cook as normal.
Serves: 16 people
200 ml Balsamic Vinegar
3 cloves Garlic
200 ml Honey
1 - Red Pepper
200 ml Soy Sauce
1 bag SuperValu Baby Spinach
200 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
16 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Drumsticks
1 - Yellow Pepper
*This recipe makes 16 drumsticks
1. Combine the brown sugar, balsamic, honey, soy sauce and garlic in a large ziplock bag or mixing bowl. Add the chicken to the bag and seal tightly or place in the bowl and cover with cling film. Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Line a baking sheet with foil, then place a wire cooling rack on top.
3. Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade, and arrange the drumsticks on the cooling rack. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until the skin is caramelised and is starting to crisp at the edges.
4. Meanwhile, place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over a low heat, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
5. Brush the cooked marinade over the chicken and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
6. Place the baby spinach and sliced peppers on the base of a large serving platter and pile the chicken on top.