The big flavours of this veggie-packed soup will fill you up while you count down to your office party dinner.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
2 sticks Celery
1 litre Chicken Stock Cube
50 ml Creme Fraiche
4 cloves Garlic
4 tbsp Olive Oil
0.5 tsp Paprika
2 - Red Onion
2 - Red Pepper
1 pinch Salt
25 g SuperValu Bean Sprouts
0.5 tsp SuperValu Chilli Flakes
plus extra to garnish
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
peeled and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Place the peppers and sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the peppers are charred and the sweet potatoes are almost cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot set over a medium heat. Add the onions and celery and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until softened, followed by the garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute more, then add the roast peppers and sweet potatoes along with the
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the soup has reduced slightly and the vegetables are fully cooked. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
5. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with crème fraîche and sprinkle with beansprouts and some chilli flakes.