Served with spiced butternut squash and potatoes, this makes for a wonderful evening meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes•
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4 people
*This recipe serves 4-6.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. Place the pork on a roasting tray. Season with the rosemary, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil. Roast the pork in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes and squash on a second baking tray and scatter over the garlic, chilli flakes and some seasoning and drizzle with the oil. Roast the vegetables in the oven for the last 25 to 30 minutes of the pork’s cooking time, until tender.
4. Once the pork is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes, loosely covered with a tent of foil, before carving. Place the roasting tray that the pork was in
on the hob, set over a medium heat. Pour in the cider and chicken stock and stir to lift the browned bits off the bottom of the roasting tray. Simmer for 2 minutes, until the gravy has reduced and coats the back of a spoon. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve into a sauceboat.
5. Carve the pork and serve immediately with the roasted vegetables and gravy.