This roast chicken and toasted nut and pear salad make for the perfect meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ gas mark 5.
2. Season the inside of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, then stuff with the lemon halves and most of the thyme, reserving some for garnish. Place on a tray and rub all over with olive oil, then season the outside with salt and pepper too.
3. Roast in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes. To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the breast with a fork or knife. The juices should run clear. Allow the chicken to rest on a board for 10 minutes before carving.
4. When the chicken comes out of the oven, reduce the temperature to 180°C/gas mark 4. Place the nuts on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil and toast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, to prepare the salad, place the sliced pears, spinach, rocket and dried cranberries in a large serving bowl and toss together. Top with the feta and toasted nuts.
6. To make the salad dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar or bowl and mix well. Drizzle evenly across the salad and gently toss together. Serve with the carved roast chicken garnished with the remaining thyme.