- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
The perfect comforting weeknight supper of vitamin-packed veggies in a garlicky lemon broth with indulgent ricotta toasts.
Preparation time: 0 minutes•
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the cabbage, courgette and two cloves of crushed garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until the cabbage has wilted slightly but is still bright green.
3. Add the cannellini beans, water and stock powder, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and green beans. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green and tender crisp.
5. Combine the parsley, lemon zest and the remaining crushed garlic clove with the ricotta and season to taste. Cut each slice of bread in half and pile on the ricotta, then pop under the grill for 4 minutes.
6. Stir the lemon juice into the soup, then ladle into warmed bowls. Serve the ricotta toasts on the side.
Tip: Serve topped with sliced SuperValu Pork Steak With Garlic & Herb for the meat eaters.