This is a wonderful recipe for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Serve with some freshly toasted bread.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
300 g Mushrooms
50 ml Port
1 tbsp SuperValu Butter
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 small SuperValu Onion
50 ml Water
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, wild mushrooms and thyme and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the port, water and lemon juice, season well with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed, then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place the mushroom mixture in a food processor with the cream cheese and parsley.
- Process until almost smooth but still with a little texture.
- Place the paté in a serving dish and refrigerate for ½ hour to chill.
Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.