Serves: 12 people
25 g Almonds
125 g Butter
60 g Glace Cherries
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
60 g SuperValu Fresh Ginger
crystallised, finely chopped
200 g SuperValu Ginger Biscuits
25 g SuperValu Goodness Pecan Nuts
700 g White Chocolate
- Line a 20cm x 15cm tray with cling film or non-stick baking paper.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin until broken into small pieces, then tip them into a bowl. Add the chopped cherries, ginger and nuts, stirring to combine.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt 500g of the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water on a low heat. Pour the chocolate over the melted butter and stir to combine, then pour it over the biscuit mixture and stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and press down. Melt the remaining 200g of white chocolate and spread it over the top with a spatula. Leave to set in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours, then cut into pieces or squares. Store in a large Kilner jar at room temperature for up to two weeks.