This salad is sure to impress friends and family!
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Fresh Chives
SuperValu Goats Cheese
cut into chunks
SuperValu Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
SuperValu Olive Oil
SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
stalks removed and halved
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until searing hot.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the grated Parmesan cheese into the centre of the pan in a circle about 10cm/4" in diameter.
- Add a good sprinkling of pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes until the fat starts to separate from the cheese and bubble.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, remove the melted cheese disc from the pan.
- Shape the cheese basket around the end of a straight-sided tall glass and hold for 30–60 seconds until set.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Repeat above three times.
- Place the goat’s cheese in a bowl with the strawberries, chives, mint and mixed leaves.
- Drizzle enough oil to barely coat the mixture.
- Spoon the dressed fruit and salad mixture into the cheese baskets, allowing it to tumble out on to the plates.